affcat - Output contents of an image file to stdout.
affcat [options] image [images]
affcat outputs the contents of an image file to stdout. Image files that
are not raw but are recognized by AFF will be output in raw format. Missing
pages will not be padded, but the fact that they are missing will be noted on
The options are as follows:
- -s name
- Output the named segment, instead of the image data. This is a way to
- -p nnn
- Just output page number nnn
- -S nnn
- Just output data sector number nnn. Sector #0 is the first
- Quiet mode. Don't print to STDERR if a page is skipped because it is not
- Noisy mode. Tell when pages are skipped.
- List all the segment names, rather than outputting data.
- List Long. Prints segment names, lengths, and args.
- Debug mode. Print the page numbers to stderr as data goes to stdout.
- Output BADFALG for bad blocks (default is to output NULLs).
- Just print the version number and exit.
- -r offset:count
- Seek to the given byte offset and output count characters in each file;
may be repeated.
affcat first appeared in AFFLIB v1.00.
Simson Garfinkel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This file is a work of a US government employee and as such is in the Public