table of contents
|rtcSetGeometrySubdivisionMode(3)||Embree Ray Tracing Kernels 3||rtcSetGeometrySubdivisionMode(3)|
rtcSetGeometrySubdivisionMode - sets the subdivision mode of a subdivision geometry
#include <embree3/rtcore.h> void rtcSetGeometrySubdivisionMode( RTCGeometry geometry, unsigned int topologyID, enum RTCSubdivisionMode mode );
DESCRIPTION¶The rtcSetGeometrySubdivisionMode function sets the subdivision mode (mode parameter) for the topology (topologyID parameter) of the specified subdivision geometry (geometry parameter).
The subdivision modes can be used to force linear interpolation for certain parts of the subdivision mesh:
- RTC_SUBDIVISION_MODE_NO_BOUNDARY: Boundary patches are ignored. This way each rendered patch has a full set of control vertices.
- RTC_SUBDIVISION_MODE_SMOOTH_BOUNDARY: The sequence of boundary control points are used to generate a smooth B-spline boundary curve (default mode).
- RTC_SUBDIVISION_MODE_PIN_CORNERS: Corner vertices are pinned to their location during subdivision.
- RTC_SUBDIVISION_MODE_PIN_BOUNDARY: All vertices at the border are pinned to their location during subdivision. This way the boundary is interpolated linearly. This mode is typically used for texturing to also map texels at the border of the texture to the mesh.
- RTC_SUBDIVISION_MODE_PIN_ALL: All vertices at the border are pinned to their location during subdivision. This way all patches are linearly interpolated.