NAME¶diod - distributed I/O daemon
DESCRIPTION¶diod is the distributed I/O daemon server, which implements I/O forwarding on Linux clusters.
Configuration is read from the diod.conf (5) config file. Some configuration can be overridden on the command line, as described below.
- -f, --foreground
- Do not change working directory to /var/run, drop the controlling terminal, or run in the background. Send logs to stderr not syslog, unless sent somewhere else by -L.
- -r, --rfdno INT
- -w, --wfdno INT
- Serve a connected client inherited on the specified read and write file descriptors. For file descriptors connected bidirectionally, the two options may be set to the same value.
- -l, --listen address
- Set the listen address. The address may be in the form of HOST:PORT, IP:PORT, or /path/to/unix_domain_socket form (default 0.0.0.0:564). This option may be specified more than once. It overrides the listen config file setting.
- -t, --nwthreads INT
- Set the number of worker threads to spawn to handle 9P operations for each unique aname. This option overrides the nwthreads setting in diod.conf (5). The default is 16.
- -e, --export PATH
- Set the file system to be exported. This option may be specified more than once. It overrides the exports setting in diod.conf (5).
- -E, --export-all
- Export everything in the server's /proc/mounts.
- -o, --export-opts OPT[,OPT,...]
- Set global export options. This option overrides the exportopts setting in diod.conf (5).
- -n, --no-auth
- This option allows users to attach without security credentials. It overrides the auth_required setting in diod.conf (5).
- -N, --no-userdb
- This option disables password/group lookups. It allows any uid to attach and assumes gid=uid, and supplementary groups contain only the primary gid. It overrides the userdb setting in diod.conf (5).
- -S, --allsquash
- Remap all users to the squash user. The attaching user need not be present in the server's password file. This option overrides the allsquash setting in diod.conf (5).
- -U, --squashuser
- Set the squash user. The default is nobody. This option overrides the squashuser setting in diod.conf (5). Note: if diod is not run as root, the effective uid overrides the squashuser.
- -u, --runas-uid UID
- Run the server as UID and only allow that user to attach. If invoked as root, diod sets real and effective uid, gid, and supplementary groups to those belonging to UID.
- -L, --logdest DEST
- Set the destination for logging. Possible destinations are syslog:facility:level, stderr, stdout, or a file name. This option overrides the logdest setting in diod.conf (5).
- -d, --debug MASK
- Set the debug mask. The bit values are:
0x01 - log decoded 9P protocol messages
- -c, --config-file PATH
- Set config file path.
SEE ALSO¶diod.conf (5), mount.diod (8), hosts_access (5)