|LFC_CHOWN(3)||LFC Library Functions||LFC_CHOWN(3)|
NAME¶lfc_chown - change owner and group of a LFC directory/file in the name server
int lfc_chown (const char *path, uid_t new_uid, gid_t new_gid)
int lfc_lchown (const char *path, uid_t new_uid, gid_t new_gid)
DESCRIPTION¶lfc_chown sets the owner and the group of a LFC directory/file in the name server to the numeric values in owner and group respectively. If owner or group is specified as -1, lfc_chown() does not change the corresponding ID of the file.
lfc_lchown is identical to lfc_chown except for symbolic links: it does not follow the link but changes the ownership of the link itself.
- specifies the logical pathname relative to the current LFC directory or the full LFC pathname.
To change the owner ID, if the group ID does not change and if the caller and the new owner ID belong to that group, GRP_ADMIN privilege is needed, otherwise the caller must have ADMIN privilege in the Cupv database. To change the group ID, the effective user ID of the process must match the owner ID of the file and the new group must be in the list of groups the caller belong to or the caller must have ADMIN privilege in the Cupv database.
RETURN VALUE¶This routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- The effective user ID does not match the owner of the file and the caller does not have ADMIN privilege in the Cupv database.
- The named file/directory does not exist or is a null pathname.
- Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix.
- path is a NULL pointer.
- A component of path prefix is not a directory.
- new_uid or new_gid is invalid.
- The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN.
- Host unknown.
- Service unknown.
- Communication error.
- Name server is not running or is being shutdown.
SEE ALSO¶Castor_limits(4), lfc_chdir(3), Cupvlist(1)
AUTHOR¶LCG Grid Deployment Team
|$Date: 2003/09/02 07:15:00 $||LFC|