- buster 1.10.0-2+b3
|LFC_CREATG(3)||LFC Library Functions||LFC_CREATG(3)|
NAME¶lfc_creatg - create a new LFC file with the specified GUID or reset it in the name server
int lfc_creatg (const char *path, const char *guid, mode_t mode)
DESCRIPTION¶lfc_creatg creates a new LFC file with the specified GUID or resets it in the name server.
If the file exists, the length is truncated to 0 and the mode and owner are unchanged.
If the file does not exist yet, an entry is created in the name server database and the file's owner ID is set to the effective user ID of the requestor. The group ID of the file is set to the effective group ID of the requestor or is taken from the parent directory if the latter has the S_ISGID bit set.
The access permission bits for the file are taken from mode, then all bits set in the requestor's file mode creation mask are cleared (see lfc_umask(3)).
- specifies the Grid Unique IDentifier.
- specifies the logical pathname relative to the current LFC directory or the full LFC pathname.
RETURN VALUE¶This routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- A component of path prefix does not exist or path is a null pathname.
- Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix or the file does not exist and write permission on the parent directory is denied or the file exists and write permission on the file itself is denied.
- path is a NULL pointer.
- File exists already with a different GUID or has replicas.
- A component of path prefix is not a directory.
- path is an existing directory.
- The fileclass in the parent directory is zero or the length of the guid exceeds CA_MAXGUIDLEN.
- The name server database is full.
- The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN.
- Host unknown.
- Service unknown.
- Communication error.
- Name server is not running or is being shutdown.
SEE ALSO¶Castor_limits(4), lfc_chdir(3), lfc_chmod(3), lfc_statg(3), lfc_umask(3)
AUTHOR¶LCG Grid Deployment Team