Scroll to navigation
samFilter - filter nucleotide sequence alignments in SAM files
samFilter file.sam reference.fasta out.sam
- Input SAM file.
- Reference used to generate reads.
- Output SAM file.
- -minAlnLength value
- (50) Report alignments only if their lengths are greater than
- -minAlignLength value
- Alias of -minAlnLength
- -minLength value
- Alias of -minAlnLength
- -minPctSimilarity value
- (70) Report alignments only if their percentage similairty is greater than
- -minPctIdentity value
- Alias of -minPctSimilarity
- -minPctAccuracy value
- (70) Report alignments only if their percentage accuray is greater than
- -minAccuracy value
- Alias of -minPctAccuracy
- -hitPolicy value
- (randombest) Specify a policy to treat multiple hits from [all, allbest,
random, randombest, leftmost]
- report all alignments.
- report all equally top scoring alignments.
- report a random alignment.
- report a random alignment from multiple equally top scoring
- report an alignment which has the best alignmentscore and has the smallest
mapping coordinate in any reference.
- -scoreSign value
- (-1) Whether higher or lower scores are better.
- lower is better
- higher is better.
- -scoreCutoff value
- (INF) Report alignments only if their scores are no worse than
- -seed value
- (1) Seed for random number generator. If seed is 0, then use current time
- -holeNumbers value
- A string of comma-delimited hole number ranges to output hits, such as
'1,2,10-12'. This requires hit titles to be in SMRT read title
- Use this option when filtering alignments generated by programs other than
blasr(1), e.g. bwa-sw or gmap. Parse read coordinates from the SMRT
read title. The title is in the format /name/hole/coordinates,
where coordinates are in the format \d+_\d+, and represent the interval of
the read that was aligned.
- -titleTable value
- Use this experimental option when filtering alignments generated by
blasr(1) with -titleTable titleTableName, in which case
reference titles in SAM are represented by their indices (e.g., 0, 1, 2,
...) in the title table.
- -filterAdapterOnly value
- Use this option to remove reads which can only map to adapters specified
in the GFF file.
- Be verbose.
Because SAM has optional tags that have different meanings in different
programs, careful usage is required in order to have proper output. The
"xs" tag in bwa-sw is used to show the suboptimal score, but in
PacBio SAM (blasr(1)) it is defined as the start in the query sequence
of the alignment. When -smrtTitle is specified, the xs tag is ignored,
but when it is not specified, the coordinates given by the xs and xe tags are
used to define the interval of a read that is aligned. The CIGAR string is
relative to this interval.
blasr(1) loadPulses(1) pls2fasta(1) samtoh5(1)
samtom4(1) sawriter(1) sdpMatcher(1) toAfg(1)