table of contents
- bullseye 7.74.0-1.3+deb11u7
- bullseye-backports 7.88.1-7~bpo11+2
- testing 7.88.1-9
- unstable 7.88.1-10
- experimental 8.0.1-1~exp1
curl_mime_type - set a mime part's content type
CURLcode curl_mime_type(curl_mimepart * part, const char * mimetype);
curl_mime_type(3) sets a mime part's content type.
part is the part's handle to assign the content type to.
mimetype points to the null-terminated file mime type string; it may be set to NULL to remove a previously attached mime type.
The mime type string is copied into the part, thus the associated storage may safely be released or reused after call. Setting a part's type twice is valid: only the value set by the last call is retained.
In the absence of a mime type and if needed by the protocol
specifications, a default mime type is determined by the context:
- If set as a custom header, use this value.
- application/form-data for an HTTP form post.
- If a remote file name is set, the mime type is taken from the file name extension, or application/octet-stream by default.
- For a multipart part, multipart/mixed.
- text/plain in other cases.
As long as at least one of HTTP, SMTP or IMAP is enabled. Added in 7.56.0.
CURLE_OK or a CURL error code upon failure.
/* create a mime handle */
mime = curl_mime_init(easy);
/* add a part */
part = curl_mime_addpart(mime);
/* get data from this file */
/* content-type for this part */
/* set name */
|November 4, 2020||libcurl 7.74.0|