|tcl::transform::core(3tcl)||Reflected/virtual channel support||tcl::transform::core(3tcl)|
tcl::transform::core - Basic reflected/virtual channel transform support
package require Tcl 8.5
package require TclOO
package require tcl::transform::core ?1?
objectName initialize thechannel mode
objectName finalize thechannel
The tcl::transform::core package provides a TclOO class implementing common behaviour needed by virtually every reflected or virtual channel transformation (initialization, finalization).
This class expects to be used as either superclass of a concrete channel class, or to be mixed into such a class.
- ::tcl::transform::core objectName
- This command creates a new transform core object with an associated global Tcl command whose name is objectName. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the object, as described in the section for the Instance API.
The API of transform core instances provides only two methods, both corresponding to transform handler commands (For reference see TIP 230 [http:/tip.tcl.tk/230]). They expect to be called from whichever object instance the transform core was made a part of.
- objectName initialize thechannel mode
- This method implements standard behaviour for the initialize method
of transform handlers. Using introspection it finds the handler methods
supported by the instance and returns a list containing their names, as
expected by the support for reflected transformation in the Tcl core.
It further remembers the channel handle in an instance variable for access by sub-classes.
- objectName finalize thechannel
- This method implements standard behaviour for the finalize method of channel handlers. It simply destroys itself.
- objectName destroy
- Destroying the transform core instance closes the channel and transform it was initialized for, see the method initialize. When destroyed from within a call of finalize this does not happen, under the assumption that the channel and transform are being destroyed by Tcl.
BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK¶
This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category virtchannel of the Tcllib Trackers [http://core.tcl.tk/tcllib/reportlist]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation.
When proposing code changes, please provide unified diffs, i.e the output of diff -u.
Note further that attachments are strongly preferred over inlined patches. Attachments can be made by going to the Edit form of the ticket immediately after its creation, and then using the left-most button in the secondary navigation bar.
reflected channel, tip 219, virtual channel
Copyright (c) 2009 Andreas Kupries <email@example.com>