NAME¶optirun - run programs on the discrete video card
SYNOPSIS¶optirun [OPTION]... command [command options...]
DESCRIPTION¶Run an application using the discrete video card.
- run a program even if the nvidia card is unavailable
- do not run a program if the nvidia card is unavailable
- do not start secondary X server (implies -b none)
- -b, --bridge METHOD
- acceleration/displaying bridge to use. Valid values are auto, virtualgl and primus. The --vgl-* options only make sense when using the virtualgl bridge, while the --primus-* options apply only when using the primus bridge. Additionally, value none is recognized, and its effect is to add paths to driver libraries to LD_LIBRARY_PATH (useful for nvidia-settings and CUDA applications)
- -c, --vgl-compress METHOD
- image compression or transport to use with VirtualGL. Valid values for METHOD are proxy, jpeg, rgb, xv and yuv. Changing this setting may affect performance, CPU usage and image quality
- --vgl-options OPTS
- a space-separated list of command options to be passed to vglrun. Useful for debugging virtualgl by passing options to it like +tr. These OPTS override the settings from optirun so be careful with setting it
- --primus-ldpath PATH
- a colon-separated list of paths which are searched for the primus libGL.so.1
- -q, --quiet, --silent
- suppresses all logging messages
- -v, --verbose
- increase the verbosity level of log messages. It can be specified up to two times (or five if --quiet is used)
- show all logging messages by setting the verbosity level to the maximum
- -C, --config FILE
- retrieve settings for Bumblebee from FILE
- -d, --display VDISPLAY
- find the Bumblebee X server on VDISPLAY. Do not confuse this option with the DISPLAY environment variable. By default, PATH is queried from the daemon
- -l, --ldpath PATH
- libraries like libGL.so are searched in PATH (useful for the nvidia driver). By default, PATH is queried from the
- -s, --socket FILENAME
- use FILENAME for communication with the daemon
- -h, --help
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
- optirun glxspheres
- Runs the graphics demo supplied with Virtual GL.
- optirun -c yuv glxspheres
- Runs a program with the yuv transport method for better performance.
- optirun firefox http://example.com
- Run a program with arguments.
REPORTING BUGS¶Report bugs on <http://Bumblebee-Project.org/issues>
Bumblebee homepage: <http://Bumblebee-Project.org/>
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright © 2011 The Bumblebee Project License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
|August 2020||optirun (Bumblebee) 3.2.1|