|ACTIVATE_FIRMWARE(8)||Power Service Tools||ACTIVATE_FIRMWARE(8)|
NAME¶activate_firmware - activate a firmware image that has been updated concurrently
SYNOPSIS¶/usr/sbin/activate_firmware [-e [keyfile]]
DESCRIPTION¶When used without options, the activate_firmware utility will cause a firmware image that has already been flashed to be activated concurrently. This utility will be invoked automatically when necessary, and as such should not be manually invoked at the command line.
- -e [keyfile]
- When used with this option, the command either fetches the current Update Access Key expiry date or sets the Update Access Key expiry date if <keyfile> is provided.
- This platform does not support concurrent activation of firmware.
- There is no new firmware ready to activate.
- You must have root authority to run this command.
- Hardware failure.
- Memory/resource allocation error.
- General error.
- Error in case of getting UAK expiry date or setting UAK. Exact error description is written to stderr.
- Parameter error when activating firmware.