Profanity - a simple console based XMPP chat client.
profanity [-vh] [-l level] [-a account]
Profanity is a simple lightweight console based XMPP chat client. Its
emphasis is on having a simple and configurable command driven UI, see the
- -v, --version
- Show version and build information.
- -h, --help
- Show help on command line arguments.
- -a, --account ACCOUNT
- Auto connect to an account on startup, ACCOUNT must be an existing
- -c, --config
- Use an alternative config file.
- -l, --log LEVEL
- Set the logging level, LEVEL may be set to DEBUG, INFO (the
default), WARN or ERROR.
- -f, --logfile
- Specify a different logfile
- -t, --theme THEME
- Specify which theme to use. THEME must be one of the themes
installed in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/profanity/themes
Profanity itself has a lot of built-in help. Check the /help command for
more information. Type "/help help" for information on how to use
help itself. Profanity ships with one man page for each built-in command. For
/account there is man profanity-account.
Copyright (C) 2012 - 2019 James Booth <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Copyright
(C) 2019 - 2020 Michael Vetter <email@example.com>. License GPLv3+: GNU
GPL version 3 or later <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is
free software; you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO
WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.