NAME¶al_play_sample - Allegro 5 API
#include <allegro5/allegro_audio.h> bool al_play_sample(ALLEGRO_SAMPLE *spl, float gain, float pan, float speed, ALLEGRO_PLAYMODE loop, ALLEGRO_SAMPLE_ID *ret_id)
DESCRIPTION¶Plays a sample on one of the sample instances created by al_reserve_samples(3alleg5). Returns true on success, false on failure. Playback may fail because all the reserved sample instances are currently used.
- gain - relative volume at which the sample is played; 1.0 is normal.
- pan - 0.0 is centred, -1.0 is left, 1.0 is right, or ALLEGRO_AUDIO_PAN_NONE.
- speed - relative speed at which the sample is played; 1.0 is normal.
- loop - ALLEGRO_PLAYMODE_ONCE, ALLEGRO_PLAYMODE_LOOP, or ALLEGRO_PLAYMODE_BIDIR
- ret_id - if non-NULL the variable which this points to will be assigned an id representing the sample being played. If al_play_sample(3alleg5) returns false, then the contents of ret_id are invalid and must not be used as argument to other functions.
SEE ALSO¶ALLEGRO_PLAYMODE(3alleg5), ALLEGRO_AUDIO_PAN_NONE(3alleg5), ALLEGRO_SAMPLE_ID(3alleg5), al_stop_sample(3alleg5), al_stop_samples(3alleg5), al_lock_sample_id(3alleg5).
|Allegro reference manual|