DarkRadiant - the level editor for The Dark Mod
darkradiant [ options ] filename
DarkRadiant is a level editor for The Dark Mod. It loads and saves Doom 3-format
*.map files, making use of assets within a game installation tree.
- Disable the sound manager module. This may be useful if there are problems
with sound devices on the system.
- Override the configured fs_game value.
- Override the configured fs_game_base value.
- In order to allow maximum customisability by after-market mods, the
id software game engines use a three-directory system: the
base directory, which is where the core game assets are installed,
and then two mod-specific directories known as fs_game and
fs_game_base. The intention is that fs_game_base is used for
the common mod assets, and fs_game is available for individual map
authors to further customise assets used in their own releases.
- When editing Dark Mod missions, typically fs_game_base would be set
to "darkmod", with fs_game either left blank or set to
the value associated with a particular map author's own release.
- These values are normally configured in preferences, but they can be
overridden on the command line if required.
- Path to a map file to load. This may be either an absolute filesystem
path, or a mod-local path.
The lighting render mode is very limited compared to the Doom 3 rendering
system. In particular, there are no stencil shadows, foglights or any other
complex lighting effects.
It's too big and too slow.