NAME¶doveadm-dump - Dump the content of Dovecot's binary mailbox index/log
SYNOPSIS¶doveadm [-Dv] dump [-t type] path
DESCRIPTION¶Dovecot uses several binary index and log files in order to improve performance for accessing mails. For some mailbox formats, such as sdbox and mdbox, the index files are part of the format itself. For details about index files, see also: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/IndexFiles
doveadm dump is used to show the contents of those mailbox index/log files, in human readable format. This is mainly useful for Dovecot developers when debugging some problem.
OPTIONS¶Global doveadm(1) options:
- Enables verbosity and debug messages.
- -o setting=value
- Overrides the configuration setting from /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and from the userdb with the given value. In order to override multiple settings, the -o option may be specified multiple times.
- Enables verbosity, including progress counter.
Command specific options:
- -t type
- the file type of the file to be dumped. If the type was omitted, doveadm(1) tries to detect the type of path. type can be:
- ⇒ m.n (sdbox or mdbox mailbox file)
- Dump the list of expunged mails in dovecot-expunges.log. Currently used only by fts-lucene.
- Dump the list of indexed mails in lucene-indexes directory
- Uncompress an IMAP traffic log, which contains data compressed using the IMAP COMPRESSION extension.
- Dump metadata of a dcrypt encrypted file.
- Dump metadata of a dcrypt key.
- ⇒ dovecot.index, dovecot.map.index
- ⇒ dovecot.index.log, dovecot.map.index.log
- ⇒ dovecot.mailbox.log
- ⇒ dovecot.index.thread
- The path to the corresponding dbox storage, index or log file. If only a directory is specified, doveadm tries to detect the type of files under it and dumps them.
EXAMPLE¶Look at the contents of a mailbox's index:
doveadm dump ~/Maildir/.work/
REPORTING BUGS¶Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <email@example.com>. Information about reporting bugs is available at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html