|GXINT(1)||General Commands Manual||GXINT(1)|
NAME¶gxint - load and run an interactive GEANT application
SYNOPSIS¶gxint [options] file(s)
DESCRIPTION¶gxint is a script to load and run a GEANT application, which is usually in the form of Fortran source code. The desired routines are given in file(s).
- -d driver
- Specify a graphics driver. The available options on Linux are X11 and Motif (which should also work with lesstif). X11 is the default.
- -g geant_version
- Specify the version of GEANT to use. Current default is 3.21. This option only makes sense if you have installed a GEANT version other than 3.21 (i.e. one not packaged by Debian).
- -h host
- Useful with the -d X11 option only. Specifies the hostname used for the display; syntax is identical with that of $DISPLAY. If no hostname is specified, the value of $DISPLAY is used.
- -l library
- Specify additional libraries. This option may be repeated to add several libs.
- -L path
- Additional loader search path. Useful if additional libraries are specified with -l option. This option may be repeated with more than one pathname.
- Do NOT use main program from cernlib area.
- -o outputfile
- Do not immediately run GEANT, but instead produce an executable file named outputfile. If "-o" is not given, the executable file will be created in $HOME, named GEANTpid (pid being the process ID of gxint), and run automatically.
- -v version
- Specify version of $CERN_LEVEL. This is meaningless unless you have installed an upstream version of CERNLIB (i.e. not packaged by Debian); see the file /usr/share/doc/cernlib-base/README.Debian.
- -?, --help
- Show a summary of options.
SEE ALSO¶cernlib(1) - script to list required -l and -L options given a list of CERN libraries
/usr/share/doc/cernlib-base/README.Debian describes how one might use the -v flag with Debian's versions of the cernlib and gxint scripts if one has an upstream version of CERNLIB installed.
CERNLIB documentation for all related libraries and programs is available at the following URL: http://cern.ch/cernlib/
AUTHOR¶This manual page was written by Kevin McCarty <email@example.com> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).
COPYRIGHT¶This manual page is (C) Copyright Kevin McCarty, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005.
|January 24, 2003|