gjiten - Japanese dictionary for Gnome
gjiten [ option ]
gjiten is a Japanese dictionary for the Gnome Desktop. It also has a
kanji dictionary; any combination of stroke number, radicals and search key
can be used for kanji lookups. Requires dictionary files in edict format and a
working X Input Method (e.g. kinput2) for Japanese input.
This manpage only explains the command line options. You should be
able to access the complete documentation from the Help menu.
-c and -v are convenient for fast lookups via keyboard shortcuts.
- Same as --kanjidic
- Only show the KanjiDic window on startup.
- -w WORD
- Same as --word-lookup=WORD
- Look up WORD on startup.
- -l KANJI
- Same as --kanji-lookup=KANJI
- Look up Kanji on startup in KanjiDic.
- Same as --clip-kanji
- Look up kanji from the clipboard.
- Same as --clip-word
- Look up word from the clipboard.
- Prints the version of gjiten
See the BUGS file for a list of bugs. The TODO file is more likely to contain
these. Please contact me if you encounter any bugs.
Botond Botyanszki (email@example.com)