|GKRELLKAM-LIST(5)||File Formats Manual||GKRELLKAM-LIST(5)|
NAME¶gkrellkam-list - format of the list description files used by GKrellKam
DESCRIPTION¶GKrellKam lists describe a series of image sources, used in order or at random by the GKrellKam plugin. Online lists (downloadable by GKrellKam with HTTP) use this same syntax.
Blank lines and comments (beginning with '#') in GKrellKam lists are ignored. Every line of text that does not begin with a tab character is considered an image source.
An image source can be one of several types:
- Sources of type image consist of a complete local filename to an image file.
- Type url is just that; a ftp:// or http:// URL pointing at an online image file.
- Type script is a system command, executed in a shell by GKrellKam when it's time to get this image. The output of the command is assumed to be a complete filename of a local image file, optionally terminated with newlines/whitespace. The corresponding image is loaded.
- Type list causes a different GKrellKam list to be included in the current one.
Each image source line should look like this:
There are also properties that can be applied to types image, url, and script. Properties must follow the image source line that they modify, and must begin with a tab character. These include:
- This sets the message shown when the mouse is kept over the image panel in GKrellKam for a few seconds. If not set, the image's filename or URL is shown instead.
- This changes the number of seconds that an image will remain displayed. If not set, the "Default number of seconds" set for that panel in the GKrellM configuration window will be used.
- If set, this sets the minimum length of time that must elapse before the image is re-loaded. If the image cycles up before that time, the old image will be used. For script types, this means that the script will not be re-run. For url types, the image will not be fetched using wget. When this property is not set, url images will be downloaded every time they are displayed, and scripts will be run every time.
EXAMPLE¶This is a simple example of a GKrellKam list. For a better example, see example.list from this distribution.
# .krellkam.list # This list rotates through ~/pics/mypic[1-4].jpg along with a # webcam, and then displays the pictures in ~/lists/sub.list image: /home/paul/pics/mypic1.jpg /home/paul/pics/mypic2.jpg image: /home/paul/pics/mypic3.jpg http://www.usu.edu/webcam/fullsize.jpg [tab] tooltip: This is the building where I work image: /home/paul/pics/mypic4.jpg [tab] seconds: 4 [tab] tooltip: Don't display this one very long list: /home/paul/lists/sub.list
FILES¶$HOME/.krellkam.list - The default source for the first GKrellKam panel
example.list - A sample GKrellKam list
AUTHOR¶GKrellKam was written by paul cannon <firstname.lastname@example.org>. This manual page was written by the same author for inclusion in the GKrellKam distribution, and may be used by others.
|December 7, 2001|