NAME¶update-dlocatedb - generate text database of installed files for dlocate
DESCRIPTION¶update-dlocatedb generates a plain text package contents listing from the files /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list
This program is usually called from cron.daily.
- Update the packages list only
- Update the files list only
- Update both (default)
- This help message
- Configuration file with default options. Currently the only option is to enable/disable gzip compression of the dlocatedb file.
- Directory containing dpkg file lists
- Plain text listing of all files belonging to all packages (optionally compressed)
- Listing of all packages known to dpkg.
This contains the reformatted output output of 'dpkg -l'. The file format is four fields separated by tabs:
status [TAB] package-name [TAB] installed version [TAB] short description
The "installed version" field may contain an architecture, e.g. ":arch"
AUTHOR¶This version of update-dlocatedb was written by Fredrik Hallenberg, Craig Sanders, and Pawel Chmielowski.
The manual page was written by Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others, under the terms of the GNU GPL).