NAME¶dose-challenged - detect broken packages due to obsolete dependencies
- dose-challenged [options] Packages file(s)
DESCRIPTION¶dose-challenged performs a speculative analysis of the repository to identify those packages that, if upgraded to a specific version, would break a large number of other packages in the repository. This tool would be particularly useful during the upgrade of a specific component to evaluate its impact on the software archive.
Input Specification¶The input of dose-challenged is a list of Debian Packages files
Output Specification¶The output of dose-challenged is in the yaml format.
- -b --broken
- Print the list of broken packages
- -d --downgrade
- Check package downgrades
- Print the list of packages in a cluster
- --checkonly package[,package] ...
- Specifies a list of packages to check. By default all packages are
checked. Takes a comma-separated list of package names and a version .
Example: --checkonly "libc6 (=1.4), 2ping (= 1.2.3-1)"
- Enable info / warnings / debug messages. This option may be repeated up to three times in order to increase verbosity.
- Enable progress bars.
- -h, --help
- Display this list of options.
dose-challenged -v --progress Packages.bz2 > result.yaml
AUTHOR¶Pietro Abate and Roberto Di Cosmo
SEE ALSO¶dose-distcheck(1) dose-outdated(1)
<http://www.mancoosi.org> is the home page of the Mancoosi project.