|Moose::Exception(3pm)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||Moose::Exception(3pm)|
NAME¶Moose::Exception - Superclass for Moose internal exceptions
DESCRIPTION¶This class contains attributes which are common to all Moose internal exception classes.
WARNING WARNING WARNING¶If you're writing your own exception classes, you should instead prefer the Throwable role or the Throwable::Error superclass - this is effectively a cut-down internal fork of the latter, and not designed for use in user code.
Of course if you're writing metaclass traits, it would then make sense to subclass the relevant Moose exceptions - but only then.
$exception->message¶This attribute contains the exception message.
Every subclass of Moose::Exception is expected to override "_build_message" method in order to construct this value.
$exception->trace¶This attribute contains the stack trace for the given exception. It returns a Devel::StackTrace object.
$exception->as_string¶This method returns a stringified form of the exception, including a stack trace. By default, this method skips Moose-internal stack frames until it sees a caller outside of the Moose core. If the "MOOSE_FULL_EXCEPTION" environment variable is true, these frames are included.
- Stevan Little <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Dave Rolsky <email@example.com>
- Jesse Luehrs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Shawn M Moore <email@example.com>
- יובל קוג'מן (Yuval Kogman) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Karen Etheridge <email@example.com>
- Florian Ragwitz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Hans Dieter Pearcey <email@example.com>
- Chris Prather <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Matt S Trout <email@example.com>
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE¶This software is copyright (c) 2006 by Infinity Interactive, Inc.
This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself.