|PAGEMON(8)||System Manager's Manual||PAGEMON(8)|
NAME¶pagemon - a tool to monitor memory pages.
DESCRIPTION¶pagemon is a program that allows one to interactively monitor the memory pages of a process.
OPTIONS¶pagemon options are as follow:
- enable automatic zoom mode, this will change the zoom level to show the entire page map in the window, up to a maximum zoom level of 999.
- -d delay
- delay in microseconds between data refreshes, the default is 10,000 microseconds (1/100th of a second).
- show help.
- specify the process id (PID) or name of the process to monitor. If a name is given, then pagemon will monitor the first process that matches the name.
- read pages into memory. This will force all pages in the process to be read into physical memory.
- -t ticks
- specify ticks between dirty page checks. The default is 60 ticks; the larger the value the longer time between dirty page checks.
- enable VM information view. This is equivalent to pressing the 'v' or 'V' key when running pagemon.
- -z zoom
- specify the default zoom level on page view, the default is 1 (that is 1-to-1 view of pages). Higher values increase the zoom level so more pages are represented in the map view.
|Home||Move cursor to start of page map or start of page|
|End||Move cursor to end of page map or end of page|
|Cursor Up||Move cursor up|
|Cursor Down||Move cursor down|
|Cursor Left||Move cursor left|
|Cursor Right||Move cursor right|
|Page Up||Move cursor 1/2 page up|
|Page Down||Move cursor 1/2 page down|
|Esc, q, Q||Quit|
|Enter||Toggle page map / memory map view|
|Tab||Toggle detailed view of page|
|a, A||Toggle automatic zoom mode|
|v, V||Toggle Virtual Memory statistics of process|
|p, P||Toggle page statistics|
|?, h||Toggle help|
|c, C||Close all the pop up windows|
|r, R||Force all pages in process to be read into memory|
|t||Increase ticks between Dirty Page updates|
|T||Decrease ticks between Dirty Page updates|
|+, z||Zoom in (only in page map view)|
|-, Z||Zoom out (only in page map view)|
|[||Zoom scale to 1, turn off automatic zoom mode|
|]||Zoom scale to 999, turn off automatic zoom mode|
EXAMPLES¶Monitor the thunderbird process:
Monitor process 1 (init), zoom scale of 4:
AUTHOR¶pagemon was written by Colin King <email@example.com> with contributions from Dr. David Alan Gilbert.
This manual page was written by Colin King <firstname.lastname@example.org>, for the Ubuntu project (but may be used by others).
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright © 2016 Canonical Ltd.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
|January 31, 2016|