tabbed - generic tabbed interface
tabbed [-c] [-d] [-h] [-s] [-v]
[-g geometry] [-n name] [-p
[s+/-]pos] [-r narg]
tabbed is a simple tabbed container for applications which support
XEmbed. Tabbed will then run the provided command with the xid of tabbed as
appended argument. (See EXAMPLES.) The automatic spawning of the command can
be disabled by providing the -s parameter. If no command is provided tabbed
will just print its xid and run no command.
- close tabbed when the last tab is closed. Mutually exclusive with -f.
- detaches tabbed from the terminal and prints its XID to stdout.
- fill up tabbed again by spawning the provided command, when the last tab
is closed. Mutually exclusive with -c.
- will print the usage of tabbed.
- -g geometry
- defines the X11 geometry string, which will fixate the height and width of
tabbed. Them form is
See XParseGeometry(3) for further details.
- -n name
- will set the WM_CLASS attribute to name.
- -p [ s +/-] pos
- will set the absolute or relative position of where to start a new tab.
When pos is is given without 's' in front it is an absolute
position. Then negative numbers will be the position from the last tab,
where -1 is the last tab. If 's' is given, then pos is a relative
position to the current selected tab. If this reaches the limits of the
tabs; those limits then apply.
- -r narg
- will replace the narg th argument in command with the window
id, rather than appending it to the end.
- will disable automatic spawning of the command.
- -t color
- defines the selected background color. #RGB, #RRGGBB, and X
color names are supported.
- -T color
- defines the selected foreground color.
- -u color
- defines the normal background color.
- -U color
- defines the normal foreground color.
- prints version information to stderr, then exits.
- open new tab
- previous tab
- next tab
- move selected tab one to the left
- move selected tab one to the right
- toggle between the selected and last selected tab
- open dmenu to either create a new tab appending the entered string or
select an already existing tab.
- close tab
- jumps to nth tab
- Toggle fullscreen mode.
$ tabbed surf -e
- $ tabbed urxvt -embed
- $ tabbed xterm -into
- $ xid=$(tabbed -d);urxvt -embed $xid
- $ tabbed -r 2 st -w '' -e tmux
tabbed by default uses Ctrl as Mod key and can be customized by creating
a custom config.h and (re)compiling the source code. This keeps it fast,
secure and simple.
Debian also provides the tabbed.meta alternative which uses
the Windows key as Mod key.
See the LICENSE file for the authors.
See the LICENSE file for the terms of redistribution.
Please report them.