Scroll to navigation
emp_hub - Empire multiplexer
emp_hub [-persistent] [-debug] [-help] [-mirror] host port
emp_hub allows multiple clients to simultaneously connect to a single
Empire country. This allows you to use both a fast and a smart client
simultaneously. It also permits multiple corulers to log in at once.
- Hostname of the upstream server.
- TCP/IP port number the empire server is running on.
- TCP/IP port number the emp_hub should listen to for incoming client
- Copy commands and replies to all clients using new protocols. Currently
only the lafe client is aware of these protocols, though most
clients will ignore them.
- Normally emp_hub exits after the last client disconnects. With this
option emp_hub does not exit, and will wait for new clients to
connect. emp_hub must be killed by the user using the kill
- Brief usage information.
- Print lots of messages, including everything sent and received by a
client. Useful when debugging either emp_hub , a client, or the
Due to the nature of the empire protocol, only one client may have input focus
at one time. If a client pauses at a context sensitive prompt from the server,
all other clients will be unable to send data.
This manual page was written by Drake Diedrich <Drake.Diedrich@anu.edu.au>