NAME¶excellent-bifurcation - an abstract two-sided vertical shooter
DESCRIPTION¶The aliens have attacked, and their ability to exist in either or both of their world and ours has given them an almost unsurpassable advantage.
Take command of a special fighter craft capable of existing in both realities at once and drive them back!
The form your fighter takes on the left has double fast-firing cannons and can charge to release up to eight seekers. It is ideal for destroying small and weak but numerous enemies. The right-hand form has a single powerful cannon which fires slowly but does far more damage, and is more suited to taking out larger enemies. It can charge up to release a wave which passes through things, damaging them as it goes (unlike the beam weapons, which only hit anything once no matter how thick it is). You can switch them between the worlds depending on what kind of firepower you need where.
- Left, Right, Up, Down
- move the fighter across the screen
- fire the main weapon
- charges your weapons
- switches your two forms between the two worlds (screens)
- turns on or off the autofire mode (autofire is just like holding down Z)
- return to the main menu
Key controls can be modified inside the game options menu.
CONFIGURATION¶excellent-bifurcation doesn't accept any command line arguments. Configuration is via the file ~/.config/excellent-bifurcation/init.txt (or a different path if the environment variable XDG_CONFIG_HOME has been modified), which also records scores and configured key controls.
The following configuration can only be done by editing init.txt (under the heading [Misc]):
- Use Windowed = 0 for fullscreen, Windowed = 1 to run in a window (default).
- Turning vsync on (vsync = 1) eliminates a graphic shearing effect which some people might find annoying, but can slow things down on older systems. Default is vsync = 0.
AUTHOR¶excellent-bifurcation was written by Linley Henzell.
This manual page was written by Barry deFreese <email@example.com> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).