NAME¶freeciv-mp-gtk2, freeciv-mp-gtk3, freeciv-mp-qt, freeciv-mp-cli - Custom content installers for the Freeciv game
SYNOPSIS¶freeciv-modpack [ -d|--debug level_number ] [ -h|--help ] [ -i|--install URL ] [ -L|--List URL ] [ -p|--prefix directory ] [ -v|--version ]
DESCRIPTION¶Freeciv is a free turn-based multiplayer strategy game, in which each player becomes the leader of a civilization, fighting to obtain the ultimate goal: To become the greatest civilization.
Players of Civilization II® by Microprose® should feel at home, since one aim of Freeciv is to have compatible rules.
Freeciv is maintained by an international team of coders and enthusiasts, and is easily one of the most fun and addictive network games out there!
This program allows users to select and download add-on content ("modpacks") for Freeciv from the Internet, either from a list maintained by the Freeciv team, or by using a URL obtained by other means. It takes care of installing the files in the correct place under the user's home directory for this version of Freeciv; it does not install anything for system-wide use.
This manual page only lists the command line arguments. For details regarding the options when using freeciv-modpack see the documentation at the Freeciv website as well as the documentation which is part of the Freeciv distribution.
OPTIONS¶All options have a short form (single hyphen and single letter) and a long form (double hyphen and a complete word); their effects are identical.
- -d level_number, --debug level_number
- Sets the amount of debugging information to be logged. Acceptable values
for the level_number are:
0 for fatal messages only.
1 for fatal and error messages.
2 for fatal, error and normal messages (default).
3 for fatal, error, normal, and verbose messages.
- -h, --help
- Prints a short summary of the command line options.
- -i URL, --install URL
- Automatically install modpack from a given URL.
- -L URL, --List URL
- Gets modpack list from given URL, rather than the standard location on the Freeciv team's servers.
- -p directory, --prefix directory
- Installs modpacks under given directory hierarchy.
- -v, --version
- Prints the version number and exits.
FILES¶freeciv modpack installer installs files to the following subdirectories of the user's home directory (or another directory specified with --prefix), as appropriate:
freeciv-mp-cli is version of the modpack installer usable from command line. By default it lists modpacks from the default list or from list specified with --List. One can then run it again by giving appropriate URL from the list for --install parameter.
ENVIRONMENT¶freeciv modpack installer accepts these environment variables:
- Specifies the user's home directory.
- Set this variable accordingly when using a proxy.
- LANG or LANGUAGE
- Sets the language and locale on some platforms.
- LC_ALL or LC_CTYPE
- Similar to LANG (see documentation for your system).
- Specifies the username of the current user.
BUGS¶Please report bugs to the Freeciv bug tracker .
MORE INFO¶See the Freeciv homepage .
Updates and new info is first posted there.
AUTHORS¶The Freeciv Team <freeciv-dev AT freelists.org>.
SEE ALSO¶freeciv-server(6) freeciv-client(6)
|May 24th 2014|