makechs - A program that can be used to create additional translation tables for
use by JamNNTPd.
makechs <fromchrs> <destchrs> <frommap>
The *.chs files in the "xlat" and "unicode/xlat" directories
are character set translation tables in the GoldED+ format. The files were
created from mappings files found at this URL:
- Fallback sequences for characters that do not exist in the target charset
were taken from Markus Kuhn's transliteration tables found at the URL
- If you want to create additional translation tables, you can easily do so
using this utility.
A summary of options is included below:
- The fidonet name of the charset you want to convert from.
- The fidonet name of the charset you want to convert to.
- The Unicode mappings file for the source charset.
- The Unicode mappings file for the destination charset. If you don't supply
a mappings file, makechs will instead create a chs file that converts the
source charset to utf-8.
- The output of makechs is written to the console and needs to be redirected
to the desired file.
makechs was written by Johan Billing <email@example.com>.
This manual page was written by Robert James Clay
<firstname.lastname@example.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by